All right, let’s make this happen.
As you might be able to tell, the game will be confusing and un-fun unless you know a lot of philosophy. The last campaign required, for example, at least a minimal level of familiarity with Hobbes’ theory of government, Richard Dawkins’ atheism, p-zombies, and Russell’s paradox. This game will require about the same amount of background knowledge.
But we had a lot of fun last time and everyone was able to follow without any trouble. So you are interested in participating, please leave a comment below with the following
– Are you interested in playing?
– Are you interested in DMing?
– If both, which would you prefer?
– Are you interested in doing this in meatspace? If so, where do you live?
– Any time preferences (like “not on Saturdays” or “only on Saturdays”)
– Any scheduling preferences (like “once a week”)
– If playing, a one-sentence description of your philosophical beliefs (eg “libertarian atheist reductionist”) so we can try to get our parties as diverse as possible
– If you have a strong preference to be in the same game as someone else
– Contact details
If I’m really lucky there will be enough people to organize into several groups that satisfy everyone’s preferences. If I’m not, I’ll throw everyone together and dub the resulting mess a party.
I know there are a couple of groups that have been set up already. They obviously don’t need to comment here, but I would like to get in contact with the DMs of these groups for a few reasons. First, we should set up a mailing list or something to compare ideas and strategies. Second, I want to give you the campaign material.
At the moment, this will take the form of a promise of several songs which I have not written yet, plus a plot which I sort of have. The plot is very bare bones and does not contain encounters or puzzles or dialogues or fleshed out settings. It’s basically an outline for constructing a campaign rather than a campaign itself. This is for a few reasons – I’m not too good at fleshing out campaigns and don’t want to limit you to what I’ve got, plus I plan to make a lot of the details up as I go along. That means DM volunteers need some experience or clue what they’re doing (unlike me, but I’m volunteering anyway).
I’ll try to have parties worked out by the beginning of March and then we can finally start this.