This is the third anniversary of this blog. I want to take this opportunity to thank people who I otherwise haven’t gotten around to thanking:
1. Website/app design company Trike Apps, especially Matt Fallshaw and Catherine Truscott, for hosting the site. They’ve done an amazing job and I strongly recommend them for anyone else launching a website.
2. Michael Keenan, for handling CSS and the layout – anything good about it is to his credit; any problems with it are because of all the finicky demands I place on him. Mason Hartman also gave helpful advice. Michael and Trike also did the technical setup for Unsong, so if you like that there’s another reason to thank them.
3. Bakkot, Alice Monday, and Rory O’Kane for doing a lot of the other technical work, including the green line around new comments and the comment reporting function.
5. All of the really interesting people who have read and engaged with this blog. I especially want to thank all of the famous, Internet famous, and Internet journalism famous people who have praised me and linked to me, mainly because I have been terrible at reciprocating or even letting you know how much I appreciate your support, or even doing the basic things like not yelling at you and saying you are the Devil when I disagree with you about something. I am suitably humbled to have such important people reading me, I do appreciate your support, and I don’t really believe you’re the Devil, unless you work for Gawker in which I’m agnostic on the issue.
6. Everyone who’s helped build the community. Special thanks to Bakkot (again), Vulture, coderman9, heterodox_jedi, PM_ME_UR_OBSIDIAN, and tailcalled for their work on the subreddit, to drethelin for the IRC channel, and to various people who arranged various meetups.
7. No doubt many more people whom I have forgotten about and I’m sorry.